Junior Motion Graphic Designers
As a designer with us, you would create conceptual illustrations, source and manipulate photo-based images, and create animations to complement written e-learning content for our international client, in a way that aids their students’ learning processes. The subject matter covers Legal Compliance and Environmental Health & Safety legislation in the US, UK and Canada, and is delivered online to professional audiences in corporate environments.
This work would give you exposure to visual design considerations in the e-learning industry, in a career that you we hope you will grow in with us, but that you would also be able to ply almost anywhere in the world.
Location & Training
Our office is in the Cape Town CBD. At present, all work is being done remotely, but in time we expect to re-open the office with appropriate Covid-19 protocols in place to prevent transmission of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. At that time, regular in-office work will become routine, along with remote work, so reasonable proximity and access to Cape Town is essential.
Initial (remote) training will be provided, followed by on-the-job guidance from experienced colleagues.
- Have a tertiary-level graphic design qualification
- Be highly proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Animate, After Effects and Premiere Pro
- Demonstrate your excellent creative, illustration and animation skills by presenting a portfolio of work, if invited to an interview
- Be a fast learner, able to follow procedures carefully and accurately
- Be proficiently computer-literate, and well-acquainted with Microsoft Office
- Be adaptable, independent, and able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Video editing experience
- Experience illustrating business-related subject matter
- Experience of shooting video and editing raw footage and audio to meet tight deadlines
- Aptitude for working with new software tools
- You should be highly efficient, and able to meet deadlines regularly and consistently.
- You need to be comfortable in a dynamic environment where change is the constant.
- You need to be able to work constructively with colleagues and managers.
To apply, please send a covering letter and your CV to designer0521 at laragh.com, using the reference D0521-WEB, and indicating where you first saw the position advertised.
- Applications without a letter of motivation and samples of your own design work will not be considered.
- Freelancers are not eligible for this work. We are seeking full-time employees.
- Remuneration range is R12k – R16k pm, cost to company, according to qualifications and experience.