Motion Graphic Designers
Fixed-Term Contracts (One Year)
As a designer with us, you would create conceptual illustrations, source and manipulate photo-based images, and create animations to complement written e-learning content for our international client, in a way that aids their students’ learning processes. The subject matter covers Legal Compliance and Environmental Health & Safety legislation in the US, UK and Canada, and professional certifications for major US business schools, and is delivered online to professional audiences in corporate environments.
This work would give you exposure to visual design considerations in the e-learning industry, in a career that you we hope you will grow in with us, but that you would also be able to ply almost anywhere in the world.
Location & Training
Our office is in the Cape Town CBD. Regular in-office work where there is access to our equipment is a key requirement of this role so reasonable proximity to the Cape Town CBD is essential. Some remote working days can be combined with in-office days as appropriate.
Initial training will be provided, followed by on-the-job guidance from experienced colleagues.
- Have a tertiary-level graphic design qualification
- Be highly proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Animate, After Effects and Premiere Pro
- Demonstrate your excellent creative, illustration and animation skills by presenting a portfolio of work, if invited to an interview
- Be a fast learner, able to follow procedures carefully and accurately
- Be proficiently computer-literate, and well-acquainted with Microsoft Office
- Be adaptable, independent, and able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Video editing experience
- Experience illustrating business-related subject matter
- Experience of shooting video and editing raw footage and audio to meet tight deadlines
- Aptitude for working with new software tools
- You should be highly efficient, and able to meet deadlines regularly and consistently.
- You need to be comfortable in a dynamic environment where change is the constant.
- You need to be able to work constructively with colleagues and managers.
To apply, please send a covering letter and your CV to designer0821 at laragh.com, using the reference D0821-WEB, and indicating where you first saw the position advertised.
- Applications without a letter of motivation and samples of your own design work will not be considered.
- Freelancers are not eligible for this work. We are seeking full-time employees.
- Remuneration range is R13k – R17k pm, cost to company, according to qualifications and experience.