Technical Instructional Writer & Videographer
Full-Time, Permanent Position
Hybrid Work in Cape Town CBD
The Role and Work
We seek a strong, confident writer to research, structure, write and occasionally edit technical e-learning content. The development of this content, which includes new video creation, is for our international client, a major manufacturer of laptops, desktops and tablets.
The subject matter covers hardware and software support, and is created for online delivery to our client’s global workforce. You need to be comfortable learning about and writing material, creating video as needed, for a range of subjects covering the use and support of new technologies including hardware, software and gadgets.
In addition to technical writing and editing experience, and exposure to creating video for e-learning, the work would give you a grounding and a growth opportunity in an instructional design career; one that we hope you will grow in with us, but that you can also ply almost anywhere in the world.
Location & Training
Our office is in the Cape Town CBD, near Greenmarket Square. Regular in-office work where there is access to our equipment is a key requirement of this role so reasonable proximity to the Cape Town CBD is essential. Some remote working days can be combined with in-office days as appropriate.
Initial training will be provided, followed by on-the-job guidance from experienced colleagues.
- You must have a University degree, in any discipline.
- You will have to demonstrate your excellent English writing skills, starting with your letter of motivation.
- You must be a fast learner, able to research and structure technical material that may be unfamiliar to you, quickly and sensibly.
- You must have an eye for detail, and be able to produce content that adheres to a specific House Style.
- You will need to be comfortable working with hardware prototypes, and have an aptitude for familiarising yourself with new software tools.
- Proficient computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft Office are assumed.
- You must be adaptable, independent, and able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Cross disciplinary experience
- Familiarity with IT- and business-related subject matter
- Unafraid to tackle simple HTML
- Instructional Design experience
- Experience of shooting video and editing raw footage and audio to meet tight deadlines
- Familiarity with Adobe Premiere Pro
- You should be highly efficient, and able to meet deadlines regularly and consistently.
- You need to be comfortable in a dynamic environment where change is constant.
- You need to be able to work constructively with colleagues and managers.
The total “cost-to-company” of the remuneration package is in the approximate range of R18k – R22k pm, according to qualifications and experience.
To apply, please send a covering letter and your CV to writer0822 at laragh.com, using the reference W0822-WEB, and indicating where you first saw the position advertised, or who referred you.
- Applications without a letter of motivation and samples of your own writing will be rejected.
- Freelancers are not eligible for this work. We wish to appoint a full-time employee.